Visit my WEBSITE here

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Website Update

I have just spent several fractious hours trying to embed this blog into my personal website. It didn't really want to play, and put up a good fight, but I have eventually managed to beat it into submission (mostly - still needs a little tweak here and there). So now you can read my ramblings/musings/rantings both here and at http://www.tonysullivanphotography.co.uk. Or both, if you are a glutton for punishment...

As a serendipitous byproduct of my endeavours, I discovered all sorts of fun new things that iWeb 3.0.3 can do in it's latest incarnation (some of which have fixed the irritating little glitches that have plagued my site since about iWeb 2, a few years ago). iWeb 3 is now quite a powerful web authoring tool - not a Dreamweaver, by any means, but easily powerful and full featured enough for most people doing most things, and capable of producing quite sophisticated websites. And very simple to learn, in the best Apple tradition.

So now the music plays properly, and *Drum roll* THE SLIDE SHOWS NOW WORK!!

Properly, that is... not showing tiny little bloody thumbnails that are no good to man nor beast. You should now be able to get a fully functional and interactive full screen slide show experience. (Let me know if you can't)

About bloody time, too. Saved me having to rewrite the whole thing from scratch - which, quite frankly, was SO big a job, I probably would never have got around to it. It started off as a three page simple site several years ago, in iWeb 1.0, but has slowly grown into the unwieldy monster that you see today.

So a big 'Yay!' is in order for me, Obi-Wan the Web Wizard! I feel a celebratory glass of wine or six coming on...

Now I need to find some new funky things to do with it - any suggestions?

I have embedded Google Map type widgets all over the site, but there must be more that I can do with it than that. If you can think of any improvements to the site, do let me know - either as a comment here, or via one of the email widgets on the site (usually at the bottom of a lot of the pages, or the contact page)

While you're doing that, I'm going to pour myself a big 'ol glass of Merlot and go back to my master plan for World Domination and Galactic Conquest. It still needs a lot of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment